University of Kerbol
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yanoo22's Findings and Publishings of the KSP Physics.

3 posters

Go down

Yanoo22's Findings and Publishings of the KSP Physics. Empty Yanoo22's Findings and Publishings of the KSP Physics.

Post by Yanoo22 Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:07 pm

This thread will be the place where we talk about my findings.
Yanoo22
Yanoo22
Ensign
Ensign

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/grandiq/

Back to top Go down

Yanoo22's Findings and Publishings of the KSP Physics. Empty Re: Yanoo22's Findings and Publishings of the KSP Physics.

Post by Yanoo22 Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:09 pm

Yan Leduc-Chun (Yanoo22)

This is a small article to get the first flights that will be arranged set up straight for basic Kerbin bound flying.

Since the amount of fuel used for inter-body flying is maximised if we park at the lowest altitude in orbit as possible, all given data for Kerbin physics shall be given according to an orbit of exactly 70KM considering the diameter of the body is 600KM. This is an order for all physicists and planetologists so that we have accurate standardization.
According to the total amount of drag the rocket produces, the average Delta V to reach a 70 KM orbit is of 4600 m/s. Make sure to have at least 4500 m/s of total DV at lift-off to reach orbit. To escape Kerbin from an altitude of 70 KM, you will need only slightly more DV than what it takes to reach Minmus (950 m/s). To escape, you will need 1000 m/s if burning prograde sun-relative and 975 m/s if burning retrograde sun-relative. To reach the Mun, in orbit at 70 KM around Kerbin remember, you will need 890 m/s.
The data given here is for simple encounters. So be sure to pack more than the given numbers if you want to place yourself in orbit. There is no fix number as to how much DV you need to reach orbit because all depends of how you encounter the body. From then on, the engineers will have to share their data to collaborate.
Remember the simple rule that as your apogee increases, it's rise during burn accelerates uniformly due to 3D propagation.

More papers will come, this one is for the basics of Kerbin flying.

-Yan Leduc-Chun
-Physics Department.
Yanoo22
Yanoo22
Ensign
Ensign

Back to top Go down

Yanoo22's Findings and Publishings of the KSP Physics. Empty Re: Yanoo22's Findings and Publishings of the KSP Physics.

Post by jb2512 Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:14 pm

Nice!

Well done! That will help a lot the Engineering Division for our future mission around kerbin.

Well done again!

jb2512
jb2512
jb2512
Ensign
Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Yanoo22 Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:20 pm

The Mun and Minmus.

1. The Mun.
When encountering the Mun via Kerbin orbit, you will need an average 330 m/s to place a stable orbit at an average speed of 540 m/s.
To land from orbit, you will need an average 750 m/s, with little to spare, so be sure to have more than that.
For an ascent stage planning to return to Kerbin, you will have to reach a minimum speed of 810 m/s at the surface. To have a comfortable direct re-entry, burn so that your Apogee climbs retrograde. (In the opposite direction of the Mun’s orbital motion). Pack 1100 m/s for the ascent stage or more and you’re good to come back home if the Kerbonauts fly intelligently. In case of emergency or change of plan, always pack more than the suggested data as they are for average flights.
The total amount of DeltaV you will need starting from initial encounter to splashdown is of 2400 m/s with fuel to spare for errors and corrections. I suggest a good 2700.

2. Minmus.

Minmus requires much less DeltaV to explore.
From initial encounter to stable orbit, you will need 220 m/s. To land from orbit, 230 m/s. To escape and place yourself on a direct return trajectory, a safe 300 m/s. (Ascent)

From initial encounter to splashdown, pack a minimum 800 m/s for errors and corrections.

Never forget to pack more than the given data as I imply the Kerbonauts are almost as talented as MechJeb. Always add 10% DeltaV.

Don’t forget to see my first paper about how to get to the Mun and Minmus from Kerbin.

-Yan Leduc-Chun (Yanoo22)
-Physics Department
Yanoo22
Yanoo22
Ensign
Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel_Boy Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:06 am

Yanoo can you post your theory that spinning black holes should possess ellipsoidal event horizons and a sphere of escaping photons(wow that's a mouth full). I would love to see the theory in full and not a summarized version of it.
Angel_Boy
Angel_Boy
Ensign
Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Yanoo22 Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:09 am

Angel_Boy wrote:Yanoo can you post your theory that spinning black holes should possess ellipsoidal event horizons and a sphere of escaping photons(wow that's a mouth full). I would love to see the theory in full and not a summarized version of it.
I'm sorry, but my findings must remain in my hands. Once I contributed to mathematics at 16 years old and my teacher tried to rip me off. Since that day, my best theories remain on some pieces of paper, in my head and sometimes one of my friends gets to read them. I will not post this here. Sorry bud.

Best,

Yan
Yanoo22
Yanoo22
Ensign
Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel_Boy Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:21 am

It's cool I understand, still great theory from what I understand of it !
Angel_Boy
Angel_Boy
Ensign
Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Yanoo22 Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:27 am

Thanks! I'm hoping to get my name spread out a little when I publish this once I have enough content and ideas to fill in a small book. Kind of like Newton's Principia, although my ideas will not be as ground-breaking as his that is for sure.
Yanoo22
Yanoo22
Ensign
Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Yanoo22 Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:48 am

I'm starting to get some ideas about galactic formation processes...
Yanoo22
Yanoo22
Ensign
Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down